Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Heart Realm Update #011

Since the last update I have finished the first version of the character screen. The purpose of this screen is to display the player character's stats, equipment, etc. as well as allow the player to distribute stat points that they receive upon advancing in character level. Obviously all User Interface stuff is temporary and will be updated throughout the development of this game. This current version is fine for getting it's point across.



Aside from the character screen I also got the basic AI working in Lua scripting, so I'll be expanding upon that when I get to a more complex enemy type. It took a bit of figuring out how to work Lua before getting it right as I'm pretty new to the language.

Besides AI and the character screen and the typical new content, as in new enemies, equipment, etc. I just got started working on player abilities/spells. I've got a very basic projectile magic attack working, but there's a few bugs to work out. I'd like to use Lua for that kind of stuff as I think spells can probably get pretty complex, too complex for just Java classes, where I'll need to create a bunch of classes for the various spells, which isn't the best thing in the world.

Finally, here's a screenshot with some skeleton warriors and the magic spell being fired off.


Until I post the next update, I plan on working on these abilities and hopefully integrating them with some kind of enemy type in their AI so I can have mobs running around shooting off spells or attacking with ranged projectile attacks.

~ Rogue Templar

No comments:

Post a Comment